Monday, October 03, 2005

Caring Community Member



Today in Friends Class we discussed what it means to be a Caring Community Member. We took a look at John 13:34-35 and the importance of loving one another. People will know that we are followers of Christ by the love we have for one another.

The mark of genuine fellowship is not found in the uniformity of our thoughts and behavior, but rather in the diversity of our community. We are to love one another the way God love us - unconditionally and without measure.

God finds great delight and joy when His children demonstrate love and affection for one another. I absolutely love it when my children are together, enjoying one another and relating in positive ways. And there is nothing that used to grieve my heart more as a parent than when my kids argued, complained and fought with one another.

Community demands proximity. We need to spend time with people in order to get to know and love them. Our relationships form the texture and fabric of community. Jesus is calling us to love others with His love. He is calling us to be caring community members.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35

No comments: