Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Compelling Vision



We had a great Elder, Deacon and Equipping Staff Retreat this weekend. Gary Hoobler and I were unable to attend on Friday evening because of Senior Recognition so we drove down to East Iowa Bible Camp on our own this morning in time for breakfast! You can click on the picture above to see a slide show of our time.

Our fall Retreat is always something I look forward to. Fifteen different ministries shared their five year ministry plans and micro-visions. How exciting to peer into the future to get a glimpse of what the ministry of New Covenant might look like. This has become something we now do during each fall Retreat.

Being that it was five years ago that we gathered together to put together our first five year plan, I thought it was appropriate for me to read from Pastor Ray's macro-vision. This was something that he prepared in 2001, attempting to describe what our church would look like in 2006. It was awesome to reflect back on all that God has done during the past five years!

As an added bonus and surprise, Don Purdy recognized me for my 15 years of ministry at New Covenant. Where has all the time gone! I was presented with a card and financial gift. I was totally shocked! Thanks to each of the staff, Elders and Deacons who contributed to this generous gift.

It was a great Retreat - great worship, fellowship and time in the Word. This is an exciting time to be involved in the leadership of our church. What will the next five years hold? I'm not sure, but I certainly hope I'm still around to find out! I'm convinced that the best is yet to come and that we serve a God who is able. We have a fantastic leadership team, a clear Biblical mission, and a compelling vision.

No comments: