Friday, July 13, 2007

Welcome to the Family



We had our 7th Annual Picnic and Baptism at Pleasant Creek State Park this past Wednesday evening. The weather was spectacular, it couldn't have been more perfect. We enjoyed an incredible spread of food, a time of worship lead by our Senior High, and then testimonies and baptisms. You can click on the picture above to see a slide show of the evening.

The picnic and baptism is a great picture of the church in its purest form. Families come together around the person of Christ to enjoy a time of food, fellowship, worship and public declaration of our faith. It's a wonderful image of what it means to be part of the family of God.

33 people made public declarations of their faith in Christ through baptism. It was so awesome to see dads baptising their children. But the most special thing for me Wednesday night was the privilege I had of baptising Josh and Jon. It doesn't get better than this.

I'm so proud of both of you and your desire to follow Christ. There's no greater joy than to know that your children are walking in the truth. Josh and Jon, welcome to the family!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I couldn't be there but I knew I could count on you to get some great pics for me to look at!

Mark E. Eades said...

It was a wonderful and surprisingly wonderful night. Thanks for the pics