Sunday, May 11, 2008

I'll Always Be Your Little Boy!



We had a great time honoring Sharon today on Mother's Day. We enjoyed lunch at Chili's and Sharon reminisced regarding the early years of our marriage along with her thoughts and expectations about being a mother. Fun stuff!

But then the real fun began. Over the years our boys have taken to purchasing humorous cards for special occasions. And today did not disappoint. The picture above is Sharon holding her card from Jon.

In our quest for full disclosure, I will share the contents of the cards with my faithful blog readers - all ten of you!

The Wonderful Mom
See her stand like a glorious flower of kindness in the wide and windswept meadow that we call life. See her also pick up clothes, wash dishes, fill the fridge, tidy the house, drive the kids around, etc. etc. etc. - Ryan and Natalie

Mom
The more I've tried to live life on my own, the more I realize what a Great Mom you've been. (The card has a picture of a pot with burning food and a scorched iron mark on a shirt) - Jason

Everything I need to know about life, I learned from you, Mom! (Open card) ...except how to fart - THAT I learned from Dad! - Josh

Mom, no matter how old I get, I'll always be your little boy. (Open card) ...meaning, of course, that it's still perfectly acceptable for you to do my laundry. (I know it makes you happy.) - Jon

There is nothing Sharon would rather do than spend time with her boys. She's a great mom. We all agree! Happy Mother's Day Sharon!

No comments: