Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sunday Snapshots


Our Beloved Bernice

I think I've met my match. I, more than anyone, am committed to creating space for one more person. But I just don't seem to understand Bernice! She's aloof, hardheaded and difficult to communicate with. I'm sure every church has someone like her. Today she was helping staff the Missions Bake Sale table. I appreciate her heart for missions, but I question her people skills.

It's exciting to be part of a church where God is at work. Here are some snapshots from today:
  • The Griffith's were with us and Rick preached.
  • Adele Booysen was commissioned. You can read more about Adele and her ministry on her blog.
  • Tammany Block was in the lobby to share about her upcoming ministry with the Logos II and Operation Mobilization.
  • The Day Campers sang two songs that they learned at camp. They were awesome!
    Pastor Tye taught the lesson in Children's Church. He showed up with his bike, wearing his cycling gear!
  • Judy, Morgan and Mackenzie Male drove in from Ohio around noon to join Tye, Andrew and Allyson.
  • There was a Reception for Adele and the Griffith's this evening. It was a wonderful time of interaction.

The thing I love about New Covenant is that you never know what to expect when you show up on Sundays. This morning was no exception. Click on the picture above to see a slideshow of all that took place today. Now, if I could just figure out Bernice!

No comments: