Sunday, August 07, 2005

Who Touches the Mountains, and They Smoke


The Smoky Mountains

May the glory of the Lord endure forever; may the Lord rejoice in his works - he who looks at the earth, and it trembles, who touches the mountains, and they smoke. I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. Psalm 104:31-33

The Smokies are as beautiful as people say. Photos don't do them justice. We had a very relaxing family vacation that exceeded our expectations! How often does that happen? Highlights for me included hiking in the Smokies, hanging out as a family in the cabin at night, sleeping in, discussing Knowing What You Believe each evening, taking pictures, reading and time to relax! Click on the picture above to see a slideshow of our vacation. And yes, I did see bear! I narrowly escaped with my life. I'll tell you the rest of the story, complete with pictures, at another time.

No comments: