Sunday, September 25, 2005

Faithful Witness


Bearing much fruit

Today in the Friends Class we discussed what it means to be a Faithful Witness. We took a look at John 15:8 and the importance of bearing much fruit. Our heavenly Father is glorified when we bear much fruit, showing ourselves to be his disciples.

People matter to God. God is glorified when the life of Christ is reproduced in the lives of others. We have the priviledge of sharing with others what Christ has done in our lives, introducing people to him.

I want to make sure that everyone I love is with me in heaven. I don't want to waste my life, but rather invest it in things that are eternal. This afternoon Sharon and I had the opportunity to share with one of the persons that I have been praying for daily. We told her about the transformation that Christ can make in a life and invited her to our church. There is nothing better than pointing people to Jesus.

And when we get to heaven, no one will complain that there are too many people. And no one will complain that heaven's too big. Heaven is too good of a place to keep to ourselves. We should, we can, we must tell every person we love about this place. We must tell those we love about the God of the universe who sent his only son to die in our place. He calls us to be his faithful witness.

So let me ask you, what are you learning about being a faithful witness? Who are you praying for?

Then the master told his servant, 'Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full.' Luke 14:23

No comments: