Monday, March 12, 2007

Pageflakes



I came across a site called Pageflakes today. It's pretty cool. It allows you to create your own online content and then collaborate or share it with others. It's quite a bit like the MyYahoo that I use for my homepage. You can subscribe to RSS content and add what they call "flakes" or tools that add functionality. I've published one of their "flakes," a cool little tool that allows you to track sports scores and keep up with the latest news.

I'm going to play with Pageflakes for awhile to see how I like it. MyYahoo has also released their new Beta version. I gave it a try at the end of last week but found it to be too sluggish. I'm sure that they will be tweaking it in order to improve its performance.

The future of the web is moving toward content sharing, collaboration, customization and personalization. I look forward to the day New Covenant leaders will have access to the information that they need pushed out to them via the web. A small group leader would be able to report and track their group attendance online, communicate with others leaders and groups, and stay up to date with the latest small group announcements. We hope to do all this and more with Arena Church Management Software.

We are hoping to implement Arena this summer and roll it out into our various ministries. Technology and virtual community can't substitute for face to face interaction and connection. But as a tool it can expedite and facilitate ministry. The future is Web 2.0. Let's use it to leverage the gospel and to make an impact for the kingdom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please contact me at ole@pageflakes.com if you have any questions/suggestions.

Regards
Ole