Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A God Thing


I experienced a God-thing today. An angry man stopped in at our Robins Campus to vent. He wanted to talk to a pastor. Steve Jenkins and I patiently listened and tried to make a few comments. It was pretty intense.

We asked if we could pray for him and all of a sudden the entire conversation changed. He apologized for his behavior and thanked us for listening. We accepted his apology and granted him forgiveness.

We prayed for him and he gave us a hug! He showed us some photos of his son and grandson. It was a touching exchange.

I'm thankful for grace that changes a human heart. I'm thankful for friends like Steve who are willing to stand with and for me. I'm thankful for the cross that has power to reconcile enemies. I'm thankful that Steve and I were there this afternoon to help a struggling brother.

I'm still not sure what all happened there in main street this afternoon. But I'm sure I witnessed a God-thing!

No comments: