Monday, November 21, 2005

My Favorite Things


Pastor Bob

We had a great Membership Class this past weekend. Click on the picture above to see a short slideshow of the class. It's always fun getting to spend uniterrupted time with new members, getting to know them better. And of course, I love sharing what God is doing at New Covenant, along with our mission, vision, values, history and structure.

The added bennefit is that I get to teach the Membership Class with Pastor Bob. A week ago Pastor Bob talked about 'teaming up' in ministry. We get to do just that in the Membership Class. Teaming up with Pastor Bob means twice as much fun and half as much work!

I was reminded of how much I enjoy teaching the Class with him this past weekend. Pastor Bob had a wedding rehearsal on Friday night, so he was unable to attend. I missed his enthusiasm and energy on Friday evening, which made me appreciate teaching with him all the more on Saturday morning.

Pastor Bob loves Membership Weekends. He tells me before each Membership Class, "Just think Kim, we get to do the Membership Class this weekend!" His enthusiasm and passion rubs off on me and helps remind me of the joy of serving together.

And Pastor Bob was in rare form on Saturday morning. He was full of energy and humor. He was excited because he was getting to do three of his favorite things - enjoy food with friends, help teach the Membership Class, and root for his Ohio State Buckeyes!

No comments: