Thursday, November 24, 2005

No Greater Joy


Thankful for family

It was the ultimate Thanksgiving for any father - all four of my sons were home to celebrate! Josh and Jon traveled to Chicago with me on Monday to spend time at Moody with Jason. We left Chicago on Wednesday and picked Ryan up in the Quad Cities on our trip back to Cedar Rapids.

As we were traveling together in the van on I-80, I realized that it just doesn't get any better than this! Reunited once again - we are connected at the heart even though we are physically separated by geography. It's an awesome thing to be moving through life together with companions you love!

And today we traveled together again. This time Sharon joined us and we made a trip to Waukon to be with Sharon's family. We visited Sharon's mother who is in the hospital recovering from a broken hip. It made me thankful all over again for my family and for God's goodness to us this past year.

Today we enjoyed the usual Thanksgiving pleasures - fabulous turkey, candied sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and football. But more importantly, we spent time together as family, reconnecting with one another, giving thanks to God for His many blessings. Today on this day of thanksgiving, I have no greater joy!

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how important thanksgiving is to a family whose members live far from each other. This occasion is a really good time to be with the family and to be thankful for all the blessings that you have received. I hope you enjoyed this thanksgiving.