Thursday, August 24, 2006

Perspective



We spent two days in Chicago earlier this month. It was just about the only time we could fit in this summer between baseball, summer youth group trips and work schedules. What a fun and refreshing time we had.

We took in the Navy Pier, the Brookfield Zoo, the Hancock Observatory, lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, and a White Sox game. Although the Sox played poorly and lost, they went on a hot streak after the game we went to, winning six out of the next seven games! And of course, no Pagel family vacation is complete without a competitive game of miniature golf. (I won!) If you are in the Chicago area, I highly recommend Lost Mountain in Woodridge. You can click on the picture above to see a short slideshow of our time in Chicago.

It's good to get away occasional in order to spend time together as family. It's easy to get busy and to take one another for granted. Times like this remind me how blessed I am - I have a fantastic wife and four great sons! I've got wonderful friends and a supportive church family. It's good to take a step back for some much needed rest, refreshment, relaxation and perspective.

No comments: