Monday, September 11, 2006

Blogger Buzz



You may have noticed that I upgraded to Bloggers new Beta version of software. I was getting ready to migrate my blog over to Type Pad right when Blogger released their new, improved version. Several features that I was looking for included:
  • The ability to label posts. The list of my labels is on the right hand column of my blog. You are now able to sort through my blog by selecting labels or categories that are of interest to you. For instance, I have assigned this post with the "technology" label.
  • It is now easier to customize the layout of my blog. You will note that I have added a Flickr photo badge and a list of Books I have read in the right hand column.
  • Publishing is now quicker and easier and there are more templates to choose from.

All in all, I'm really pleased with the improvements Blogger has made. The Labels weren't working at first so I emailed Support to report the bug. Several days later the bug was fixed and the Blogger Support Team visited my blog to see if it was working properly and then sent me a followup email. Not bad for free software!

So, what do you think? Do you enjoy the new enhancements? Have you ever considered publishing your own personal blog? Let me know what you think.

No comments: