Saturday, November 18, 2006

Mr. and Mrs. Ryan Pagel



Well, it happened! A wedding took place in Stillwater, Oklahoma today. I know I'm biased, but I have to say that I've never seen a more beautiful bride and groom. Natalie and Ryan looked radiant. The ceremoney took place at the Watkins Center located in the School of International Studies building on the Oklahoma State University campus.

Ginni Davis, Natalie's mother, transformed the banquet room into a space fit for a wedding using greenery, pillars, lights, a string quartet, fresh flowers, beautifully decorated tables, colorful sashes on each chair and delicious food. Ginni, you said that a good wedding needs plenty of greenry, sting music and good food! Kudos to you! You went above and beyond to create wonderful memories for everyone involved.

And special kudos goes to Danny Darnell, the Watkins Center staff person who assisted with the wedding and reception dinner. Danny is one of the most gifted, gracious and competitant servants that I have every met. He can do it all. He assisted with set up, Power Point and sound, served us food and drinks, helped cut and serve the cake, found a cuff link that Jason didn't even realize that he had lost, and effortlessly handled a host of other details. I told Danny that I wish I could pack him up and bring him back to Cedar Rapids with me! Thank you Danny for being our personal attendant today, looking after our every need.

As I sit in the lobby of the Fairfield Inn this evening typing this blog entry, I'm thankful for our family and friends who made the effort to be with us during this time of celebration - Milt and Ruth Nolting, Neil and Carol Middleton, Mark and Becky Flage, Steve and Sari Flage, Bob and DeLores Shuman, and Frank and Barb Stephen.

And of course I was the proudest person in the building today, with Jason, Josh and Jon all standing up with Ryan during the wedding. Each of them shared something during the ceremony about what Ryan meant to them. Wow! Does it get any better than this?

And in addition we gained a new daughter. Welcome to the Pagel family Natalie! You are awesome! And now, it's my privilege to present to you Mr. and Mrs. Ryan Pagel.

1 comment:

Tye Male said...

AWESOME!!! The excitement in your blog is real and I'm thrilled for you and Sharon, and Ryan too! I am glad to hear things went well and you now have a daughter-in-law.

Blessings on the new couple! Tye