Monday, December 25, 2006

Our Christmas Story



We returned this evening from celebrating Christmas with my father, two sisters and their families. I just love gathering together as family to celebrate the birth of Christ. We shared pictures and stories about the two weddings that have taken place in our family this past year, talked to my niece who will be moving to Cedar Rapids in January to attend Kirkwood, and of course, we enjoyed some good food! You can click on the picture above to see a slide show of our Christmas celebrations.

Our Christmas eve and Christmas day celebrations included these highlights:
  • An incredible Christmas eve worship service at church.
  • Christmas eve in Toledo with my family.
  • The reading of the Christmas story. Jason had the honors this year.
  • Christmas morning here at home.
  • Sharon's "world famous" cinnamon rolls. I forget from year to year how fantastic they are, especially when they are eaten warm with a glass of cold milk!
  • Opening Christmas gifts here at home. Jason, Josh and Jon surprised me with a burr coffee grinder this year. Thanks guys!
  • Christmas dinner back in Toledo with my family. Thanks Randy and Robbin for hosting us again this year.
  • A special "Christmas treat" arrived at our door on Christmas morning. Allyson Male delivered fresh, home made dinner rolls. Thanks Allyson, they were wonderful!

Christmas always helps me focus again on Christ and the things in life that are important. The years move on and the composition of our families change. But the story of Christ and His coming to earth is a story that never grows old. It's a story about a God who became flesh in order to redeem His creation. It's a love story of epic proportion. It's His story. And best of all, because of His grace, it's now my story. This is our Christmas story.

1 comment:

Tye Male said...

Merry Christmas Pagels! Thanks so much for the world famous cinnamon rolls! They were absolutely delicious. Congrats on the bean grinder. Me thinks (i'm waxing eloquent now!) that soon I shall be grinding my own beans.

BTW, Allyson spells her name with a "y" not an "i". : )

Feliz navidad!