Sunday, February 25, 2007

Join the Journey



I'm still processing the information that I brought back from the Church Ministry in Focus Conference last week. By the way, I'm sure glad that Bob and I weren't trying to fly out of Cedar Rapids today!

I attended a break out session on Developing Mature Disciples led by Pastor Todd Wagner from Watermark Church. Among other things, Todd Wagner shared about the Join The Journey online Bible reading program that they have developed. The idea is to get as many people as possible reading the Bible together. The program involves reading one chapter a day, 5 or 6 days a week, depending on which journey your church is on. Each person on the journey receives a daily email with a Travelers Log written by someone from your church.

Our staff will be talking about the possibility of New Covenant doing Join The Journey in 2008. Can you believe that we are thinking and talking about 2008 already! It would be exciting to get all of our youth and adults reading the same Scripture passage together each day. It would involve writing and editing our own devotionals to go with the reading passages and then writing a small bio about each writer.

Take a look at the Join the Journey web site and let me know what you think. Is this something that you and your small group or Adult Bible Fellowship would like to do together? I'd love to hear from you. Are you interested to Join the Journey?

2 comments:

Lance said...

Kim,
I looked that over and it is great. Insights from the writer and I can envision other posters adding more insight as well. I need more time in the word and this might be a great wy to get it! Sometime let's discuss the best forum (i.e. E-team, ABF or other group connection) maybe Men's Fraternity next fall (or is that too big?)
Thanks,
Lance

Kim Pagel said...

The web site has a weekly small group study guide that corresponds to the weekly reading. It would be an easy way for a small group to participate.