Monday, June 15, 2009

Inspired



Sharon and I were assigned as Friends in the Sports Zone on Saturday afternoon. The Sports Zone was right next to the Family Fun Zone in the hockey arena. It was a perfect venue for the events.

I didn't know what to expect. I had seen Tanya Crevier at the FCA banquet a year ago. But I didn't really know much about Untitled Skateboards or the Strength Team. I came curious but I left inspired! You can see a slide show of the events here.

I was inspired by Tanya Crevier's passion! She is well into her 60's yet she exudes energy and enthusiasm. When I'm in my 60's I hope I have as much passion for life and sharing the love of Jesus as Tanya has! She's on incredible lady! She even taught Mr. Shucks some ball handling skills!

I was inspired by Untitled Skateboard's sincere love for Christ and their sport. Nothing fancy. Just three young men who obviously love skateboarding, love Jesus and who want to make a difference. They persevered through narly wipeouts, got back up and tried the same trick again. Wow! I would love to have just a portion of their perseverance.

I was inspired by the Stength Team's commitment to hard work. All of their feats of strength are accomplished without steroids or other substances. One member shared how he found his identity and acceptance in Christ after pursuing body building, drug addiction and steroid use.

The testimonies were impactful and the feats of skill and strength were awesome! At one point, the Strength Team said, young people don't try this at home. What the heck! Old people shouldn't be attempting this stuff either! And Keith Cook did a great job of sharing the gospel and pointing people to Jesus.

I won't be picking up skateboarding or juggling anytime soon. But I did leave inspired to live my life with passion and purpose. To use what God's given to me to impact others. To work at and practice my craft. And to find my strength and sufficiency in Jesus Christ. I left inspired!

No comments: