Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Servant Leaders



We had a great Deacon Meeting last night. Dave Sanders had the devotional. He titled it, Top Ten Things You Should Never Hear A Servant Leader Say. I thought you would enjoy this!

1o. Enough about you. Let's talk about me!
9. That's not my job. We have others who do that.
8. That's not my gift.
7. That was really my idea.
6. I'd like to, but that's the night I sort my socks.
5. I'll see your 30 years of service and raise you two.
4. It's not worth the effort. No one will notice anyway.
3. I don't know them, so I don't need to smile or even say hi.
2. Sorry, I'm saving this seat for a friend.
1. Hurry honey! We have to get their early to get a good parking space.

Thanks Dave! And thanks for being such a great example of servant leadership! But I have one more statement that you need to add to your list. Here is the eleventh thing you should never hear a servant leader say: "I don't know. I'm only a deacon!"

1 comment:

tjrs said...

I love the painting you used of Christ washing the foot of His disciple. Where did that image come from? I'd like to use it for our Center for Servant Leadership.

Thank you!

Tracie Reveal Shipman
469.233.3979