Monday, June 15, 2009

Renewed



Saturday concluded with concerts by David Phelps, Barlow Girl and Newsboys. I was impressed by all the bands desire to not only perform but to minister to people. You can see a slide show here.

All the bands did a great job but Newsboys were incredible. I'm not a big concert kind of guy, but this was different. Michael Tait demonstrated a humble heart for God and for the people of Cedar Rapids. They came to serve our community and that humility permeated the concert.

Keith Cook shared the gospel and asked for a show of hands after leading in a salvation prayer. There were a number of people near me who raised their hands. I met with two families to talk and record their information. Both families attend a catholic church. I plan to call the two men this week to see if they would be interested to meet for coffee to discuss the concert and the decision they made. Pray for me as I make these phone calls.

I don't know what the outcome of the concert will be. I do know that God used it to touch the hearts of many people Saturday night. We will continue to pray for open hearts and open doors for the gospel here in Cedar Rapids. And that God would continue to see fit to use New Covenant and Serve the City to accomplish His purpose in our city.

Saturday night Sharon and I walked several blocks to our car after a long day at the sports complex. We were both tired, but it was a good tired. Saturday night we returned home with a new sense of excitement about what God is doing in our city. We returned home strengthened and renewed.

No comments: