Monday, April 30, 2007

Spring Colors



The Gazette is sponsoring a Spring Colors Photo Contest. The theme is Spring - The Colors of Eastern Iowa. I decided today to enter three of my photos (three is the most a person can submit). The photo above is of a flowering crabapple that is on the east side of our church building. These blossoms remind me that spring is finally here!



This photo was taken at Kingston Stadium at a high school track meet last April. It captures the anticipation and preparation that accompanies spring. We have waited all winter for this moment! And best of all, it wasn’t rainy and cold on that day!



This photo was taken at Veterans Memorial Stadium last May. Linn-Mar was playing Xavier in the pre-season high school baseball tournament. Baseball announces that spring has arrived, the boys are back, and that the dog days of summer are just around the corner.

The last two images aren't the traditional "spring colors" photos. But for me, they represent much of what I love about the season. How about you? What do you enjoy the most about spring?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flower picture is beautiful! My favorite thing about spring is the arrival of hummingbirds!

Kim Pagel said...

My favorite part my birthday and our wedding anniversary!

Mark E. Eades said...

Birds singing, smells of flowers, planting new flowers, and being outside a lot more