Saturday, December 15, 2007

Name That Book



I was reading in my Bible this morning and came across several familiar passages, but I'm not sure I would have remembered which book of the Bible they were from. Here they are:

Rejoice greatly O Daughter of Zion!
Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem!
See, your king come to you,
righteous and having salvation,
gentle and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. And the Lord said to me, "Throw it to the potter" - the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord to the potter.

So, how about you? Do you know what book of the Bible these two quotes are from? You can't use a concordance, online or PDA Bible or other helps. You can use one lifeline by asking a friend. No other help.

The first person who gets the correct answer gets a special gift! You're on the clock - name that book!

9 comments:

-E said...

Jeremiah?

Kim Pagel said...

Nope!!

Anonymous said...

Oops I didn't read the directions.......no book for me:(

betty

Anonymous said...

Isaiah

James W said...

For some reason Zephaniah is what comes to mind.

James

Kim Pagel said...

Nope, nope and more nope! Guess again!

Tye said...

Zechariah (I did not cheat, but wanted to!)

Tye said...

YEAH!!! I was right! I guess all those "read-throughs" paid off.

What do I win? : )

Kim Pagel said...

Zechariah it is!! Retha Gordon was the first person to give me the correct answer, but she emailed to me. Tye Male was the first person to post the correct answer on my blog. Congratulations to both of you!