Sunday, December 30, 2007

Top Ten List



So, here we are, the end of the year. It hardly seems possible that 2007 is coming to a close. But for you, my faithful blog readers, the end of the year means it's time for me to announce my Top Ten 2007 blog posts!

I had more difficulty this year narrowing the list down to ten, so I developed two Top Ten lists. A bit unusual, I know. Just look at it this way, you are getting twice your moneys worth!

In reviewing the past year, I realize how many of my posts were inspired by people who acted out of courage and faith. People of character and conviction who overcame great obstacles in order to achieve heroic results. In honor of these men and women of courage, I dedicate the first list to my Top Ten Inspirational People (in no particular order).
10. Claim to Fame
9. Amazing Grace
8. Character Not Color
7. Oh Happy Day and No. 42
6. Time to Take A Stand
5. Don't Pass Him By
4. Just A Midwest Boy From Iowa
3. Living and Dying For Jesus
2. Pura Vida
1. 26.2

My next Top Ten list is a more traditional mixture of posts about a variety of subjects. Many times when I start to write a blog post, I don't know exactly what I want to say. Sometimes in the process of writing, I discover a story that needs to come out ... a deeply held belief that needs to be expressed ... or a fleeting thought that needs to be further developed. These posts often become my favorite.

Without further ado, I present to you my Top Ten Favorite blog posts for the year (in no particular order).
10. Your Are Only As Old As You Think You Are
9. Step Up To The Plate
8. Generation Me
7. What Can I Do To Make It Right For You?
6. The Joy of Life
5. It's A Small World After All
4. Willing To Risk Death Daily
3. Servant and Leader
2. Proclaim Liberty Throughout The Land
1. The Smart Thing To Do

And because it's my blog and I can do anything I want to, I'm going to give you four bonus posts.
4. Looking Backwards, Moving Forward
3. A Rich Legacy
2. Less Is More
1. For The Love of The Game

So there you have it, my top 24. What were your favorite posts from 2007? Leave a comment to let me know.

If you've read this far, you have way too much time on your hands! Begin your own blog, tell your own stories, and write about the things that stir your soul. Make 2008 a year to remember!

No comments: