Monday, December 31, 2007

You Won't Be Disappointed



I know I don't use my blog much to promote books or to give book reports. Which is strange, because I read so much. Favorites from 2007 include:

I just finished a book this morning that I want to talk about. It was the best book I have ever read! It has everything - romance, intrigue, mystery and instruction. I just love movies and books that speak to my heart, yet also make me think. This book pulls off both! Some days I found myself not being able to put it down. As a matter of fact, it's so good, I've read it through over 10-15 times. And the amazing thing, it just keeps getting better and better!

By now, most of you probably know I'm referring to the Bible. For reading, I like to use the One Year Bible NIV.It's laid out with daily Old Testament, New Testament and Psalms or Proverbs readings. I love setting down with my Bible and a cup of coffee, spending time with God, allowing Him to speak to me through His Word.

And this morning, while enjoying my cup of Starbucks Christmas Blend, I finished reading through the Bible. What a thrill reading about the wall being finished around Jerusalem in the book of Nehemiah, the new heaven and new earth (the new Jerusalem) being prepared for us in the book of Revelation and an awesome song of praise in the book of Psalms.

Here are the last verses in the last chapters from the books of Nehemiah, Revelation and Psalms.

Remember me with favor, O my God. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.

Let me encourage you to begin a consistent Bible reading program if you don't have one. Start with reading through the Gospels or the New Testament. Reading through the entire Bible takes about 10-15 minutes a day. Most people spend more time than that reading the newspaper or watching TV. Start small, experience some success and then keep going!

Allow God to speak to you through His Word. This is a book I recommend to you without reservation. The characters are real, the plot is awesome, and the ending is unbelievable! You won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

Tye said...

Congrats Kim!!! GREAT JOB!!! It is such an accomplishment to read through the bible in a year! You go man!!!

Ryan Rediger said...

Thanks for the encouragement; I have committed myself to reading through the bible this year and it's good to know others have done the same!!!

Kim Pagel said...

Awesome! Glad to hear you are going to read through the Bible this year. Let me know how it goes.
Kim